If You Can Write,
You Can Write Songs
Writers Network Meeting
February 5, 2021
10 to 11 a.m.
One-hour Zoom meeting
“Two years ago, I discovered songwriting. Now I’ve written over 100 songs. It’s easy. You can too.” – Al Zagofsky
Come and learn:
- The secret to getting started in song writing
- Most songwriters can’t read music
- If you can write poems, you can write lyrics
- Many traditional songwriters could not read or write
- With today’s technology, many song ideas go from the mind to the recorder app.
Al Zagofsky is a former engineer who turned to writing, publishing and journalism several years ago. He wrote for a Pennsylvania newspaper for 15 years and concurrently published an online magazine, California Update — to which about a half dozen members of the California Writers Club have contributed articles. More recently, he took a class in Protest Music at the CSUS Renaissance Society and began writing his own songs.
Click here to join the meeting.