Stephanie Chandler – Creating a community of followers.
- A recording was not made due to technical issues.
- PowerPoint Slides
Andrew Laufer – Author, Storyteller, Poet.
- PowerPoint Slides
- Soulful Needs, a poem written by Andrew Laufer during the Poetry Summit.
Somadhi Kakwasi – Author, Storyteller, Writing Teacher, explains how to create Braided, Creative Non-Fiction.
- PowerPoint Slides
- Example Essay “The Future may be Bleak”.
Michael Brandt – talks about creating a writer’s bible to help develop your character, your plot and your book.
Jill hedgcock – Using the context of travel writing, Jill talks about creating Muse boards to help you to develop your plot and story content while writing your book.
Gini Grossenbacher M.Ed. – Building characters from the inside out, Gini explains how to build believable characters for your story. Using ideas developed by Lisa Cron, Gini explains how the brain follows characters through simulation.
Claire Booth – Making a Good Mystery: Pacing, Clues & Character.
Claire takes the elements of a good mystery — pacing, dialogue, and character development—and transfer them to any genre of fiction.
Paul Zeidman – talks about writing screen plays for film and television. Paul is the author of the three GO AHEAD AND ASK screenwriting books. He explains the structure of a screen play, what it is and what it isn’t, importantly how it differs from novel writing.
Cheryl Stapp – The pros & cons of using a pen name plus, the advantages of creative specialization.
ML Hamilton – Crossing Genres. In this video, ML Hamilton discusses the pros and cons of writing is different genres using her own experience as background.
Chris Hennessy Story Telling Crossover – How he turned his video story telling abilities into book writing, filmmaking and speaking opportunities.
Scott and Tish Davidson, August 2022
Kymberlie Ingalls, July 2022
- Recording Note: this meeting has some minor edits to remove an unwelcome intruder to Zoom. You may want to have a copy of her handout while watching her presentation.
- Create a Relevant Marketing Plan handout
Susy Flory, July 2022
- Handout Beginnings & Endings
Amy Rogers, June 2022
Frederick Foote, May 2022
Linda Townsdin, May 2022
- Handout All Stories Need Mystery
Michael John Sullivan, April 2022
- To host podcast: https://libsyn.com/
- Free podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/magical-books-for-kids/id1543975967
- To reach out and see prices to join: http://podcastguests.com Jessica @ PodcastGuests.com
- A link to an article about why podcasts are becoming popular: https://thevarsity.ca/2021/11/13/what-are-good-podcasts/#:~:text=Since%20they%20can%20be%20easily,of%20all%20tastes%20and%20preferences
Lani Longshore, March 2022
- PDF: Story arc synopsis
- PDF: Story arc slides
Kathy Kanika Marshall, February 2022
Michael Larsen, January 2022
- Handout PDF: The Guerilla Way
Denise Pate, December 2021
- Slides: Grant Process
Chrissi Villa, December 2021
Scott Evans, November 2021
Jenifer Rowe, October 2021
Dara Marks, October 2021
C.S. Lakin, September 2021
J. Scott Coatsworth, June 2021
- Handout: Writing Queer SciFi/Fantasy
- Handout: Being Your Own Writer Boss
- Handout: OWI’s Little Black Book: Marketing Your Queer Fiction
Roger Lubeck, State CWC Vice-President, May 2021
Dave Fox, Travel Writer
Andrew Benzie, Mar. 2021
Mike Larsen, Jan. 2021
Stephanie Chandler, Nov. 2020
Susan Spann, CWC Marin, Nov. 15, 2020
Gerald Ward, I Street Press, Nov. 6, 2020
Grant Faulkner, Microfiction, Oct. 2020
Kakwasi Somadhi, Writing Flash Stories About Living History, Sep 2020
Nanci Lee Woody, How to Take Criticism, September 2020
Diana Pho, Theater Strategies to Improve your Novel , June 2020
Tanya Egan Gibson, 10 Things Your Editor Might Not Tell You , October 2019
Stephanie Chandler, Build Your Online Book Marketing Plan , September 2019
Valerie Fioravanti, Writing Across Genres, September 2019
Michele Wogec: Resources for Writers , June 2019
Brittany Lord: Free Fiction Websites, June 2019
Kathy “Kanika” Marshall: Leaving a Written Legacy of Family History, May 2019
Poem in Your Pocket Day, April 2019
Dorothy Rice on memoir:
Great First Paragraphs compiled by Emily Boyd and Marcia Ehinger
Dana Wilberg on Using Screenplays to Improve Our Writing
Brooke Warner, publisher, She Writes Press
Lee Foster’s Tips for Making Money from Your Writing
Ted Witt’s Tips for Developing a Pitch to Literary Agents
Stephanie Chandler’s Ideas for Getting Book Reviews
ML Hamilton Talks About Crossing Genres
Pump It Up! Writing Workshop by Michele Drier