Learn. Connect. Publish.
ANNUAL RENEWAL NOTICE 2021-22
California Writers Club, a Non-Profit Organization
Our membership period runs from July 1 to June 30 of each year. Timely renewal ensures your continuing membership in the oldest writing club on the West Coast. Membership offers you:
- Monthly speaker meetings AND monthly informal workshops;
- Access to writing and publishing experts not usually available to local writers;
- Reduced fees to events and seminars;
- Your own biography page on the branch website, providing you with a link for pitches to agents and editors;
- Four quarterly Bulletins from the State CWC;
- Annual copy of California Literary Review;
- Opportunity to apply for stipend to writing conferences;
- Writing community, including critique groups, to help you work toward your goals.
Simple to Renew
A. Send a check for $45 (or $15 for students) to :
P.O. Box 1231
Orangevale, Ca 95662
- Please be sure that your name appears on your check.
- Provide any changes in address, telephone, email, or genre in the past year.
B. Renew online here with a VISA or Mastercard.
Renewals are due by September 30. Late renewals are subject to an extra $20.00 in addition to the $45.00 renewal fee.
Not Yet a Member But Thinking of Joining?
Now is the time to maximize your benefit of membership!
Membership Fee: $45 + One-time Joining Fee $20 = $65
High School/College Students: $15 + One-time Fee $10 = $25
(You may also send an application and a check to the P.O. Box.)
October 9, 2021
- First Place – $200. Second Place – $100.
- Fiction or nonfiction, 2000 words or less.
- The Story must take place in Elk Grove.
- Open to all – age 18 and over.
- Manuscript must be in a PDF format, with cover page including title, author’s name, and contact information. Pages should include title, but not the author’s name.
- There’s an entry fee of $10, due with submission of the manuscript.
- Fees must be paid by credit card only.
- Deadline for submission is August 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM. No submissions accepted after Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 9, 2021 during the Book Fair.
Writing from the California Writers Club, Sacramento
Deadline for submissions: April 20
Who are we? What do we have to say? What do we represent? We come from a variety of backgrounds, communities, cultural traditions, and generations, and we express our experiences in many different ways. Together, we comprise a patchwork, bits and pieces that form a whole cloth. We also patch things up, fixing and mending. Today, we live in a time of pandemic disease and strife. Together, we can perform patch-work and find ways to heal our world.
Fellow writers, prepare your poetry and prose, fiction (story or standalone chapter of a novel) and non-fiction (essay, memoir, travel, etc.) in short works (2500 words or less). May be previously published. Any genre. Members only. (To join, please do so here on the website.)