Free Monthly meeting, 1-hour Zoom presentation
Saturday, June 19, 2021
Social time: 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
Presentation 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
J. Scott Coatsworth
Award-Winning Sci-Fi Novelist
Both sci-fi/fantasy and queer characters involve stepping into the unknown. Take a journey through the undiscovered country with me! Learn:
- How to write LGBTQ+ characters without appropriating queer culture.
- How to avoid some of the worst tropes about queer characters.
- How to find LGBTQ+ Beta Readers.
- Self-Publishing Tips and Tricks.
- Answers to your questions about writing sci fi and fantasy.
Scott lives with his husband Mark in East Sac. He started reading fantasy and sci-fi at nine, but wondered where all the gay people were. A Rainbow Award winning author, he runs Queer Sci Fi, QueeRomance Ink, and Liminal Fiction with Mark, and is a full member of SFWA.