Saturday, December 3, 2022
CH Cafe & Grill (formally Perko’s)
6215 Sunrise Blvd (just off Greenback)
Crime Fiction Author and Journalist
Take the elements of a good mystery—like pacing, dialogue, and character development—and transfer them to any genre of fiction.
Attendees will learn about:
- How to use the three-act structure to monitor your novel’s pacing
- How to avoid the dreaded “info dump”
- How to use clues in the right places
- How to write dialogue that doesn’t give things away
- How to keep the suspense going
Claire Booth, speaking on “Making a Good Mystery: Pacing, Clues & Character.”
Claire Booth is a former journalist who has reported on high-profile stories all over the country, including that of a California cult leader who became the subject of her nonfiction book The False Prophet. She now writes the Sheriff Hank Worth mystery series. Her latest is Dangerous Consequences. Find out more at www.clairebooth.com.