Bestselling Author, Blogger, and Coach
Get On Your ‘Author Attitude’ and Craft a Bestseller!
Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:00 AM-1:00 PM
The California Writers Club, Sacramento Branch proudly presents Nina Amir at the Luncheon Meeting. Whether you write fiction or nonfiction, book-length or shorter pieces, vital clues are coming to Sacramento in the name of Nina Amir, author of How to Blog a Book and The Author Training Manual (Writer’s Digest Books).
The average book today sells about 250 copies per year and 3,000 total. She will explain how to improve the odds by producing a business plan before you write even a word. Develop an ‘Author Attitude’, craft a marketable book idea, and evaluate your idea and yourself through an acquisitions editor’s lens.
With 17 books under her belt and as many as four on the Amazon Top 100 list at the same time, Nina Amir knows ways to sell books, land deals with major publishing houses, and create a thriving business. Her nine-step Author Training Process helps authors to determine if their book is ready for market—to be shopped to agents, publishers or readers—and how to prepare to “become” an author.
Ms. Amir, who in addition to writing books is also a blogger and a coach, will talk about how to use parts of a book proposal as a process for training in both the creative and the business aspects of writing and publishing a book and creating a business plan.
- Learn how to discover if your idea is marketable.
- Find out how to decide if you are cut out to write and market a successful book and if you are an attractive publishing partner or savvy indie publisher.
- Discover what publishers and readers want.
- Learn how to produce a successful book.
- Take the nine steps in the “proposal process.”
- See through an acquisitions editor’s eyes.
- Find out why you shouldn’t write your book as soon as you get the idea.
- Learn how to be the business partner a publisher seeks.
To learn more about Nina Amir, who began her career as a journalist, please visit her website, www.ninaamir.com.
- Monthly Luncheons are open to the public
- Cost is $17 for members, $20 for nonmembers
- The meeting fee includes lunch and beverage
- Cattlemens Restaurant, 12409 Folsom Blvd., Rancho Cordova, CA
The restaurant is located just east of Hazel Ave. at the northeast end of the Nimbus Winery complex along Highway 50. Cattlemens offers CWC a spacious meeting room with free WiFi, quality AV equipment, free off street parking and excellent food.