Writers Network Meeting
July 2, 2021
10 to 11 a.m.
One-hour Zoom meeting
Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur, Kitten Expert!
Plan For Publication As You Go
Writing is easy — publishing by yourself is like following an overgrown, potholed jungle path in the middle of a monsoon!
- Timing is key! Start planning for publication as you write.
- What’s in a name? Research your name and potential title early so readers will find you.
- Understand your genre — and “a romantic semi-historical science-fiction adventure mystery thriller” is NOT a good description!
- Who are you writing for? You can’t market without understanding your target.
- The writing community is your best resource — take advantage of it!
Sharon S. Darrow is an entrepreneur, publisher, award winning author, public speaker, and an expert on neonatal orphan kittens. She has written five non-fiction books. From Hindsight to Insight, A Traditional to Metaphysical Memoir and Tom Flynn, Medium and Healer are inspirational. Bottlekatz, A Complete Care Guide for Orphan Kittens and Faces of Rescue, Cats, Kittens and Great Danes are about animal rescue. Navigating the Publishing Maze, Self-Publishing 101 is a training manual. She also writes historical fiction. She Survives, Strive and Protect, and Desperate Choices are the first three of a four-book series inspired by her maternal grandmother.
Sharon is thrilled to be an active part of the Sacramento area writing community. She’s V.P. of NCPA (Northern California Publishers & Authors), has served as the President, and is also Director of their Annual Book Awards Competition. Her personal website is https://www.sharonsdarrow.com, and the website for her publishing company, Samati Press, is https://www.samatipress.com.