Writers Network Meeting
December 3, 2021
10 – 11 a.m. via Zoom (open for chat 15 minutes before meeting)
Christine L. “Chrissi” Villa
Award-Winning Children’s Book Author and Publisher
Discover the Basics Any Aspiring Picture Book Author Should Know
Have you been dreaming of writing a children’s book? Do you have a character idea or plot waiting to come to life in a child’s imagination? Come and discover the basics that any aspiring picture book author should know.
- What is a picture book and what are the general characteristics of a picture book?
- What are the first steps in becoming a picture book writer?
- How do you come up with unique story ideas?
- Ten guidelines in writing your unique story
- Exploring the key ingredients of a successful picture book
- How to create a main character who wins the hearts of your readers.
- How to find your voice and style.
- How to craft a compelling plot and draw your readers into the scene.
- How to revise or rewrite your story by using checklists.
Christine L. “Chrissi” Villa is a children’s book author, publisher, poet, speaker, mixed media artist, and photographer. Her books, poems, photographs, and artwork have won recognition and several awards. She is the founder of Purple Cotton Candy Arts, a business that offers publishing services such as editing, proofreading, illustrating, rewriting, formatting, and book trailers. She teaches a workshop titled “Essentials of Writing a Picture Book”.
See: www.christinevilla.com. Contact Chrissi at email@example.com.