Writing and Publishing Nonfiction
Free Monthly Meeting, 1-hour Zoom presentation
Saturday, October 16, 2021
Presentation 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Sign-in and social time 12:30-1:00
Scott Thomas Anderson
Veteran Award-Winning Journalist and Producer
Trying to fit real-life events into a pretty literary package can backfire publishers and readers, but
success can come the opposite way when writers commit to unrelenting authenticity.
Here’s what you’ll learn from this presentation:
- How to avoid the common landmines that aspiring nonfiction writers accidently step on
- How to understand the difference between the genuine rules and perceived rules within mainstream
- How to step back and re-evaluate whether you’re truly seeing the best story under the surface of
- How to pitch a nonfiction writing project to elements of mainstream media and publishing
- How to work productively with editors on complicated nonfiction projects
Scott Thomas Anderson is veteran journalist whose work regularly appears in The San Francisco
Chronicle, The Sacramento News & Review and Distiller’s Magazine. He’s also the writer and producer
of the documentary podcast series, “Drinkers with Writing Problems,” which travels to cities around the
world to study the link between drinking culture and creative legacies. Click here for Scott’s extended biography.