October 9, 2021
The Elk Grove Arts Commission will be doing a Short-Story Contest during our combined Book Fair and Writers Conference.
Here are some details of the Short-Story Contest:
- First Place – $200. Second Place – $100.
- Fiction or nonfiction, 2000 words or less.
- The Story must take place in Elk Grove.
- Open to all – age 18 and over.
- Manuscript must be in a PDF format, with cover page including title, author’s name, and contact information. Pages should include title, but not the author’s name.
- There’s an entry fee of $10, due with submission of the manuscript.
- Fees must be paid by credit card only.
- Deadline for submission is August 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM. No submissions accepted after Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 9, 2021 during the Book Fair.
More information on how to enter this contest, submit your manuscript, and other information on the Book Fair will be available on the: