Writing Flash Stories about Living History
Free Monthly meeting, 1-hour Zoom presentation
Saturday, September 19, 2020
1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Author, Writing Coach
- learn / review what flash fiction is
- learn 6 general characteristics of flash fiction
- learn to spot experienced or observed flash points
- learn to fictionalize a “true moment in time”
- learn to resolve a flash story without a final “end”
- learn publishing outlets for flash stories
Kakwasi, author of Coming Forth by Day, a Novel, teaches writing at Cosumnes River College. She’s on the Our Life Stories Writing Conference committee, and board of Black Women Write, a Sacramento literary organization. Her story, Sun Tzu in the Hood, appeared in the July 2020 edition of Flash Fiction Magazine.
To join the meeting, click on: