The Art of Giving Live Readings
Poet and Author
11 AM–1:00 PM
Come hear this engaging and educational speaker to learn how the subtleties of tone and time can move an audience with but a word.
- How to deliver like a pro
- How to find and read at local open mic readings
- The Dos & Don’ts of reading etiquette
- How to host your own local literary readings
About the speaker:
Amos White is an awarded American haiku poet and author, producer and civil rights activist. He is recognized for his vivid literary imagery and breathless poetic interpretations. He is published in several national and international anthologies. Amos is Founder and Host of the Heart of the Muse creative’s salon; Executive Producer and Host of Beyond Words: Jazz+Poetry show; President of Bay Area Generations literary reading series, and board member with the Black Speculative Arts Movement (BSAM), and with the AfroSurreal Writers Workshop-Oakland.
www.facebook.com/ Amos White, Haiku Poet – FB
“Amos White on The Return of the Citizen’s Artistic Voice”
Cogzine, COG Podcast – 11 (Cogswell College)
The Write Stuff – Amos White
Registration opens at 10:15 a.m.
Lunch service begins at 11:00 a.m.
~ Additional Offerings ~
Talk & Share (10:30) – Tips for Overcoming Writer’s Block
$20 Members (40% discount)
Price includes lunch, meeting, pre- and post-sessions.
Pay at the door or click here for pre-payment by credit card for the meeting.
(Please bring your printed receipt with you.)*
12409 Folsom Blvd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
* Ticket good only for the meeting immediately following the date on the receipt.
- Monthly Meetings are open to the public
- Cost is $20 for members, $28 for nonmembers
- The meeting fee includes speaker, extra session(s), lunch and beverage
- Cattlemens Restaurant, 12409 Folsom Blvd., Rancho Cordova, CA
The restaurant is located just east of Hazel Ave. at the northeast end of the Nimbus Winery complex along Highway 50. Cattlemens offers CWC a spacious meeting room with free WiFi, quality AV equipment, free off street parking and excellent food.