Not Your Grandpa’s Sci-Fi
Freelance Editor and Author
11 AM–1:00 PM
What do you need to know to write science-fiction or fantasy? Learn what features can sell a book to this segment of the publishing marketplace.
- Understanding the science-fiction and fantasy market, AKA “speculative writing”
- Understanding all the subgenres within “speculative fiction”
- Learn what’s hot and what’s not in the industry
- Where to market speculative short stories
- Where to pitch speculative novels
About the speaker:
Rebecca Inch-Partridge is a speculative-fiction author and freelance editor. She has been critiquing science-fiction and fantasy manuscripts for over 15 years. She works as a slush-pile reader for Amazing Stories, the world’s oldest science-fiction magazine, and is a frequent panelist at sci-fi conventions. To listen to her audio stories for free go to www.ripartridge.com
Registration opens at 10:15 a.m.
Lunch service begins at 11:00 a.m.
~ Additional Offerings ~
Talk & Share (10:30) – Subgenres of Fantasy, with member Michele Wogec
$20 Members (40% discount)
Price includes lunch, meeting, pre- and post-sessions.
Pay at the door or click here for pre-payment by credit card for the meeting.
(Please bring your printed receipt with you.)*
12409 Folsom Blvd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
* Ticket good only for the meeting immediately following the date on the receipt.
- Monthly Meetings are open to the public
- Cost is $20 for members, $28 for nonmembers
- The meeting fee includes speaker, extra session(s), lunch and beverage
- Cattlemens Restaurant, 12409 Folsom Blvd., Rancho Cordova, CA
The restaurant is located just east of Hazel Ave. at the northeast end of the Nimbus Winery complex along Highway 50. Cattlemens offers CWC a spacious meeting room with free WiFi, quality AV equipment, free off street parking and excellent food.