Second Biannual Pitch Live!
Jennifer March Soloway & Elizabeth Kracht
11 AM–1:00 PM
A Professional Opportunity with
Distinguished Literary Agents
You can choose to practice your book pitch and deliver it in real time, or learn from watching others’ live pitches and hearing agents evaluate them. Members and guests interested in giving a live pitch to the two agents will have a unique opportunity to do so in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Your pitch will last no more than one minute.
- Your pitch will be commented on by both agents for up to two minutes total.
Suggested Pitch practice
- Many pitch tips can be found on the Internet.
- Pitch participants are urged to study effective pitches and to practice in advance.
- An article on pitches by publisher and former club V.P. Ted Witt can be accessed here.
- Please note: pitch tickets are not available on-line. The pitch cost is in addition to the meeting fee and must be paid at time of check-in with cash or check, while they last.
- $15, members
- $25, guests
- First come, first served until we are full!
About the speakers:
Jennifer March Soloway is an associate agent with the Andrea Brown Literary Agency. She represents authors and illustrators of picture book, middle grade, and young adult stories, as well as some adult fiction. Previously Jennifer worked in marketing and public relations in industries such as financial services, health care, and toys. She holds an MFA in English and Creative Writing from Mills College, and was a 2012 S. F. Writer’s Grotto Fellow.
Elizabeth Kracht joined Kimberley Cameron & Associates in the fall of 2010. She represents both literary and commercial fiction as well as nonfiction, and brings experience as a former acquisitions editor, freelance publicist, and writer. She completed two internships, one with Hunter House Publishers, now an imprint of Turner Publishing specializing in self-help, health, sexuality, relationships, and personal growth. She has experience as a developmental editor, including when she worked for She Writes Press. Her interests include sports and animal rescue.
- Learn the value of an effective pitch.
- Know how to improve your own pitch using key ingredients.
- Gain insights into how agents think and what they look for in book projects.
Registration opens at 10:30 a.m.
Lunch service begins at 11:00 a.m.
~ Additional Offerings ~
Talk & Share (10:15) – Resources for Writers
$15 Members (40% discount)
Price includes lunch, meeting, pre- and post-sessions.
Pay at the door or click here for pre-payment by credit card for the meeting.
(Please bring your printed receipt with you.)*
12409 Folsom Blvd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
* Ticket good only for the meeting immediately following the date on the receipt.
- Monthly Meetings are open to the public
- Cost is $15 for members, $25 for nonmembers
- The meeting fee includes speaker, lunch and beverage
- Cattlemens Restaurant, 12409 Folsom Blvd., Rancho Cordova, CA
The restaurant is located just east of Hazel Ave. at the northeast end of the Nimbus Winery complex along Highway 50. Cattlemens offers CWC a spacious meeting room with free WiFi, quality AV equipment, free off street parking and excellent food.