Navigate Editor Service Options with your End-Game in Sight
Editor and publishing consultant,
Two Songbirds Press
Nonfiction editor and writer,
11 AM–1:00 PM
Hiring an editor for your book is no trivial pursuit. Two pros share insight to minimize risk during the process.
- Communicate your publishing goals
- Dial in your target audience
- Learn strategies for finding editors and vetting them
- Know what you’re paying for
- Compare editor rates and fees with confidence
About the speakers:
Robin Martin has been a freelance editor, writer, and professional publishing consultant for ten years, helping over 170 professionals share their expertise, writers tell their stories, and businesses market their services. She is also the managing editor of Under the Gum Tree, a creative nonfiction and visual arts literary magazine.
Susan Herman has edited over 100 nonfiction books for publication. In addition to her freelance work for publishers and independent authors, she writes and edits marketing collateral, technical reports, articles, and case studies. She is currently managing a storytelling project for the upcoming centennial of Carmichael Presbyterian Church.
Registration opens at 10:15 a.m.
Lunch service begins at 11:00 a.m.
~ Additional Offerings ~
Talk & Share (10:30) – Making best use of blogs
Writers’ Mastermind (1:30) – Bring writing & publishing problems to share & resolve
Click here for Mastermind Details
Click here for Issue Organizer
$20 Members (40% discount)
Price includes lunch, meeting, pre- and post-sessions.
Pay at the door or click here for pre-payment by credit card for the meeting.
(Please bring your printed receipt with you.)*
12409 Folsom Blvd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
* Ticket good only for the meeting immediately following the date on the receipt.
- Monthly Meetings are open to the public
- Cost is $20 for members, $28 for nonmembers
- The meeting fee includes speaker, extra session(s), lunch and beverage
- Cattlemens Restaurant, 12409 Folsom Blvd., Rancho Cordova, CA
The restaurant is located just east of Hazel Ave. at the northeast end of the Nimbus Winery complex along Highway 50. Cattlemens offers CWC a spacious meeting room with free WiFi, quality AV equipment, free off street parking and excellent food.