Please visit calwriters.org 2016 Literary Review for more information and to pay for a submission online.
Accepting Submissions for 2016 Issue — October 1 thru Nov 30, 2015
CWC members are invited to submit their published or unpublished work for the 2016 issue of the CWC Literary Review following the guidelines below. Work meeting a threshold of quality and interest will be selected for this page-limited magazine. Minor editing may be performed on work selected for publication.
Proselytizing, libelous material, gratuitous vulgarity or obscenity will not be considered. Rejections will be accompanied with editors’ suggested improvements subsequent to the magazine’s release.
Send submissions as an email attachment to LitReview@calwriters.org, “CWC Lit-Review” in the subject line.
Starting with this edition, a $10 fee is required per submitter whether or not the maximum of two pieces is attached. However, if two pieces are submitted, they must be submitted at the same time or a second $10 fee applies. You may pay by PayPal, using the button below or by check payable to the California Writers Club. Mail your check to CWC, PO Box 201, Danville CA 94526.
Guidelines (Nonconforming work will not be considered)
- Prose: 2500 words or fewer: fiction, memoir, or essay (excerpts if the submission can be judged a complete story). Poetry of 30 lines or fewer. Photography and graphics through arrangement with the editor
- A maximum of two submissions per member, same email, separate attachments, will be accepted per issue
Body of email:
- Author’s name, email address, and branch affiliation
- Title(s), word count, and genre: fiction, memoir, essay, or poetry
- Statement must be included: “I, (name here) own and convey the right to publish this/these work(s) (title or titles here) for this one time publication in the CWC Literary Review.“
Attachment—your artistic work:
- Pages numbered bottom center in footer, no cover sheet
- First page will contain the title of the work and the notation, F, NF-M, NF-E, or poetry
- MS Word: doc, or docx format, New Times Roman 12 pt font
- No page breaks, special leading, or any other unusual text manipulation or spacing