The most common mistakes authors make when seeking publication and how to avoid them.
Photo © Cheryl Rinzler
Executive Acquisitions and Development Editor since 1962
You will learn:
* The most effective strategies of inquiry etiquette when seeking a literary agent. When to be more aggressive and when to obey their guidelines.
* How to make sure the samples, proposal, or completed manuscript you submit is ready for prime time.
* Ten obsessive habits of successful authors I’ve worked with.
* When to use your life experience as a fictional novel and when as a non-fiction memoir.
* How to overcome stalls, or so-called writers block.
About the speaker:
Acquired and published Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye) , Hunter S. Thompson (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail), Tom Robbins, (Jitterbug Perfume), Shirley MacLaine (Out on a Limb, Dancers in the Light), Jerzy Kosinsky (Pinball), Robert Ludlum (The Scarlatti Inheritance), Clive Cussler (Night Probe), Dee Brown (Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee), Andy Warhol (Index Book), Katherine Neville (The Eight), Frank Capra (The Name of the Title), Danny Lyon (The Bikeriders, Conversations with the Dead), while working at Simon and Schuster, Bantam Books, Macmillan, Holt, Grove Press, and elsewhere.
11 AM–1:00 PM
10:15 Early Bird Topic – Critique Group Good Practices
$15 Members (40% discount)
Cash or check only.
Lunch included with meeting.
12409 Folsom Blvd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
- Monthly Luncheons are open to the public
- Cost is $15 for members, $25 for nonmembers
- The meeting fee includes speaker, lunch and beverage
- Cattlemens Restaurant, 12409 Folsom Blvd., Rancho Cordova, CA
The restaurant is located just east of Hazel Ave. at the northeast end of the Nimbus Winery complex along Highway 50. Cattlemens offers CWC a spacious meeting room with free WiFi, quality AV equipment, free off street parking and excellent food.