What You Should Know about Hybrid Publishing
Publisher, She Writes Press & SparkPress
- Why hybrid publishing has been called “the best of both worlds” and what about it makes it appealing to authors and self-publishers alike.
- Hybrid industry standards and why its reputation hinges on vetting and quality.
- The challenges facing hybrid publishing and authors who choose this model.
- What writers and authors need to know about this publishing space and the business model.
- Where hybrid publishing might be heading from here.
About the speaker:
The hybrid publishing model occupies space that’s neither traditional publishing nor self-publishing. So what is it exactly? And why is it the fastest-growing publishing business model? Find out how this middle ground of publishing is opening up more and interesting business opportunities for authors and publishers of all stripes.
Brooke Warner is publisher of She Writes Press and SparkPress. She is president of Warner Coaching, Inc., and author of Green-light Your Book, What’s Your Book? and three books on memoir. Brooke is a TEDx speaker and the former Executive Editor of Seal Press. She sits on numerous boards including Independent Book Publishers Association and the National Association of Memoir Writers. Publishers Weekly carries a monthly column by Brooke. She also blogs for Huffington Post Books. Check out her new podcast series:
11 AM–1:00 PM
10:15 Early Bird Topic – The Author Interview: Prepare Yourself for Questions
$15 Members (40% discount)
Lunch included with meeting.
12409 Folsom Blvd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
- Monthly Luncheons are open to the public
- Cost is $15 for members, $25 for nonmembers
- The meeting fee includes speaker, lunch and beverage
- Cattlemens Restaurant, 12409 Folsom Blvd., Rancho Cordova, CA
The restaurant is located just east of Hazel Ave. at the northeast end of the Nimbus Winery complex along Highway 50. Cattlemens offers CWC a spacious meeting room with free WiFi, quality AV equipment, free off street parking and excellent food.