Hoang Chi Truong was born in Vietnam and fled to the US during the fall Vietnam in 1975 at 13 years old. She is the author of TigerFish, a memoir of coming of age in America as a Vietnamese refugee, and has written and illustrated a children’s book, No Ordinary Sue, The Tale of A Heroic Pumpkin. Before writing full-time, she served as the GIS Division Chief to the California Office of Emergency Services from 2013 to 2016. Her current mission is to advocate and bring awareness to the issues of refugees in America.
- 2017 Readers’ Favorite Award Winner for Non-Fiction – Cultural
- Featured on PBS Stations and Sacramento and Fresno Bee
- Nearly 76 five stars reviews on Amazon
- On reading list at selected high schools in Sacramento, Fresno & Yolo Counties; Guest author at Rotary Clubs & libraries in Yolo, Fresno, San Mateo, San Jose County Libraries.
No Ordinary Sue
- 15 five-stars reviews on Amazon
Work in Progress: Publish Date 2020
Keynote Commence Speaker at Fresno City College for AAPI Graduates 2018 & at Arne Nixon Library, Fresno State.
Member of OCA, Asian Pacific American Advocate
Education: Bachelor’s from Fresno State University